Brown-Forman Production Accountant - Slane Distillery in Meath, Ireland
What You Will Do in This Role
Responsibilities encompass independently running the finance and accounting processes consisting of procedures related to General ledger, AP and AR ledgers, VAT reporting, Period – end closing, leading Statutory Reporting as well as being the main site coordinator of Compliance reports to the Irish authorities.
Lead financial analysis and provide recommendations to Distillery Manager and Controller in the areas of product costing, quarterly and annual planning, budget preparation and production variances.
What You Can Expect
• Ensure the accounting entries are complete, correctly, and timely posted for month end reporting purposes -
• Monthly/bi-monthly VAT filing according to deadlines.
• Fulfill all reporting related to compliance with the Irish Authorities, i.e. excise, licensing, intrastate, etc. Be the key point of contact for Irish Revenue related to financial matters
• Maintain fixed asset schedule and related depreciation.
• Track and maintain reconciliation of banking, AP, AR, inventory and other key balance sheet accounts and submit for review.
• Lead annual budget and quarterly projections, including cost preparation and financial analysis.
• Ensure intercompany accounting entries are documented, recorded and settled accurately to support group compliance and reporting standards
• Inform Distillery Manager and Controller about possible gaps in the controlling environment and develop recommendations to resolve
• Partner with the distillery operating team on cost savings, KPIs, and other decision support.
• Perform physical inventory periodically and year end with assistance from the team. Prepare Reports for management to review and approve adjustments.
• Collaborate with the homeplace accountant regarding local compliance or statutory accounting issues in support of the Homeplace area at Slane Distillery.
• Manage the in-country payroll provider relationship, processing, and reporting.
• Back-up operating team for SAP inventory processing and warehouse management transactions on an as needed basis.
• As required, develop meaningful ad hoc analyses designed to further the companies’ performance or design processes/tools for business and/or reporting purposes. Participate in special projects as requested.
What You Bring to the Table
• College/University in Finance or Accounting.
• Demonstrated ability to independently prepare financial analysis with accuracy and within an established time frame.
• Proven knowledge of VAT regulations and GAAP rules and regulations.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills; able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrated ability and knowledge of various software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word, and SAP (including the following modules: FI/CO, MM)
• Demonstrated understanding of cost accounting and variance analysis.
• Self-starter with demonstrated ability to plan, prioritizes, multi-task and complete work with speed
What We Offer
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure our sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and equitable pay. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Finance
Req ID: JR-00001978