Brown-Forman Category Manager Off Trade in Paris, France
What You Will Do in This Role
Directly reporting to the Customer Director, the Category Manager is responsible for the implementation and management of the category among off-premise customers. In collaboration with the Customer Director, this position is responsible for managing and optimizing A&P budgets per banner.
What You Can Expect:
1) Analyses of the Customer situation / category
• Category reviews per banner
• Operational analysis of key growth drivers
• Shopper Knowledge insights determining relevant trading issues
2) Development and implementation of the Customer Marketing Plan
• From the category strategy (national and by channel), formulates an action plan for the customers (innovation, assortment range, promotional and merchandising policies).
• Building trading partnerships with key customers by using the best tools such as “data sharing”.
3) Customer marketing: projects and specific developments
• Be in charge of one or more cross-disciplinary projects.
• Promotion, merchandising, relationships with the sales force, category analysis, and report
• Participate, develop the category strategy, and set up the “selling story” dedicated to our customers.
Collaboration with the trade marketing team in the creation of an efficient POS, useful for visibility in outlets.
4) Customer meetings (alone or with the Customer Director)
• Build customers’ meetings based on crossway recommendations of the category concerning assortment, innovation, promotion and place policies.
• Negotiate and regularly adjust the action plan with the customers (Marketing and Trade Marketing teams) and ensures the fulfillment of each step.
• co- responsible with the Customer Director of the trade counterpart optimization highlighting commercial opportunities
• Negotiate planograms per banner
5) Salesforce collaboration
• Guarantee the content of the data provided to the sales force (content, layout and right timing according to the internal planning and deadlines).
• Provide the regional or other retail-based data (KPI’S) such as Nielsen to ensure BF’S investment in data is maximized
• Participate in sales meetings (Ad’hoc)
6) Monitoring and control of the execution
• Monitoring of the performance on his category/ customer
• Checking regularly the customer marketing plans (shared responsibility with the Customer Director)
• Regular analysis of the retail-based data agencies
• Tools and process: use the standard tools for reinforced efficiency
This list is not exhaustive; the elements listed above can be modified according to the need of the employer
What You Bring to the Table:
College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent experience);
Minimum 3 years’ experience in category management
Significant field sales experience required
Strong analysis capacity and recommendation
Fluent in English
Nothing Better In The Market:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure our sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and equitable pay & bonus for individual and company performance. At Brown-Forman France, we can offer a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to flexible-working options, product samples, private pension plan and life insurance, participation in private health insurance, and top IT tools (IPad, Iphone, Laptop), along with global career opportunities.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Europe Division
Req ID: JR-00001906